Thermacut is aware of the everyday challenges in the workplace, and to make life just that bit easier, a comprehensive plasma circle cutting guides kit has been developed for use with the FHT- EX®RTXH/105TTH/45TTH TORCHES.
This easy to assemble accessory makes circle cutting a straightforward process.
WHERE TO USE IT?
It is suited to workshop and jobsite precision circle cutting applications. The two radius bars that are included in the kit provide an excellent working diameter range. The bar lengths are: 250 mm (9.84 inches) and 400 mm (15.75 inches).
Assembly is neither lengthy nor complicated. The step by step circle cutting guide assembly instructions below are straightforward and easy to follow.
Circle Cutting Guide Assembly
(for the FHT-EX®105RTXH, 105TTH, 45TTH Torches)
1. Disconnect the torch from the plasma power supply.
2..Insert the hand torch retaining cap into the cutting guide.
NOTE! The correct term for a Hexagonal Wrench is either: Hex-Key or Allen Key named after the inventor William G Allen.
3. .Fix the retaining cap in the cutting guide using the upper hex-head grub screw, tighten using the hex-key. (Do not over tighten) Use a hand cutting shield of the correct amperage to define the required torch to work distance.
4. To keep the cutting process smooth running, we highly recommend using a machine cutting shield. Unscrew the hand shield and replace it with the machine shield. The cutting guide remains clamped to the torch retaining cap. Thus, the torch to work distance remains the same.
5. With the hand torch clamped in the cutting guide, it can be used alone or with a radius bar. If the radius bar is not used, lock the cutting guide in a fixed position by tightening the lower hex-head grub screw. The wheels of the cutting guide should point in the same direction as the torch handle - see picture below.
NOTE! As above
Now the torch with the cutting guide is ready to cut.
6..If you want to use the radius bar, make sure the lower screw with a hexagonal head isn't tightened. The cutting guide should rotate freely.
7. Screw the radius bar into the threaded hole in the cutting guide.
8. Use one of the following fasteners to anchor the radius bar to the center of the circle:
Thermacut® supplies the circle cutting guide kit in a protective case, it can be found in the EX-TRAFIRE® catalogue under the reference number EX-2-801-001 for FHT-EX®30/40H and EX-5-801-001 for FHT-EX®105H.
We hope you found this article useful. If you need any advice in this area, do not hesitate and contact us. You can contact at this email address: www.ex-trafire.com
Text: Thermacut, k.s.
Photo: archive of Thermacut, k. s.